Self Sealing Inner Tube

Subject: Self Sealing Inner Tube
From: "William E. Irwin" <cigrbill@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 20:46:10 -0400
Today I had to replace a tube on my bicycle.  I didn't have a BMW tool
kit, so I used a couple screwdrivers.

I used a self sealing tube.  If self sealing tubes are available for
bicycles perhaps they are available for motor cars.  I haven't tried to
find them.

My tube was distributed by Bell Sports in Rantoul, IL.  Tube made in
China, Sealant in USA.

The box says "While the liquid sealant will plug a hole immediately upon
upon rotation, maximum effective seal will be achieved after
approximately one mile."

Does anyone have any experience with self sealing inner tubes for motor
cars?

Bill

--
http://home.att.net/~cigrbill