1500 GT valves

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1500 GT valves
From: "David P. Crandall" <davidc@netwrk.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 09:43:56 -0400
OK,4/4 fans, here's the question.  I'm continuing to upgrade my 66 4/4 to GT=
 specs, have a "J" head to work with and a question.  Re: the intakes - the=
 original 1500 intakes are actually larger than the original 1500GT intakes.=
  Since it looks like new valves are necessary anyway, and I'm going to do a=
 light port and polish and milling of the head along w/ the valve job,=
 should I buy new "regular" 1500 intakes or "GT" intakes?  Whenever I see=
 specs that don't make sense to me, I assume they made sense to the=
 designer, e.g., on the GT there was some reason for the smaller valves=
 [cam?, ratio of intake to exhaust?].  Far be it for me to override the=
 factory absent alternative expert advice, right!?  This will be a road car,=
 not a racer.  I do have the advice of the Paul Davies book, thoughtfully=
 provided by Doug Taber.  Oh yes, I need a rocker assembly as well - can I=
 use the original?  Any advice welcome, including leads to others who have=
 done this.PS the engine will be fitted w/ Weber, cam, header ala GT.

David Crandall, Rowley Massachusetts, 1966 4/4, 1963 DHC, 1966 Volvo 122S

David P. Crandall, President

The NETWORK,Inc.

136 Fenno Drive

Rowley, Massachusetts 01969

978-948-7764 [O], 978-948-7836 [fax],=20

davidc@netwrk.org [email]

<italic>"Creating Change Together Since 1969"</italic>