Re: 3 Wheeler Engine & Gearbox Oil?

To: MX2SS@aol.com
Subject: Re: 3 Wheeler Engine & Gearbox Oil?
From: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 10:08:37 +0400
in re: oil weights Bert asked << What specific brand/type should I be
asking for? >> on his Matchless powered Trike.

Hey Bert,

Seems to me that "Castrol D" ("Mobiloil C") is the gearbox spec on all
the little dears.  "Castrol XL" ("Mobiloil D") should be the spec for
the air-cooled twin.

The distributors will likely cross it over to a Quaker State call out
and I think you will have to buy a 10 gal drum of the gearbox oil.
Quaker State is still making the right oil for bronze gears.

--Colin