Re: 3 Wheeler Engine & Gearbox Oil?

To: MX2SS@aol.com, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 3 Wheeler Engine & Gearbox Oil?
From: FPS3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 10:07:14 EDT
Bert.... add.

SCH630 is available in quarts at around $6.00@. Not cheap but inmline with
most synthetic gear oils.

Make a dipstick for the tranny- I use dowel with red line (should be green?)
between 2 & 2 1/2 inches. That is the safe zone. If  (as..) the front seal?
leaks- it will stablize at 2 in, unless you park downhill- which you just do
not do in a trike.

If you can't find it I'll pick some up for you & ship it if you like..

Again- DON'T use ordinary 140 gear oil as it has the HP additive.

PMO (pure mineral oil) with a couple tablespoons of lard is also a
recomendation, but I think it wise to take advantage of modern technology now
& then- esp as far as oils go.

Also check now & then for the "dreaded worm-wheel syndrome". Flashlight or
magnet & check for broken bolts/nut heads in bottom of worm housing. I found
five in my transmission- I guess that some just replaced bolts without
removing the scraps?
 fred sisson