Re: Differences

To: arlin@slip.net
Subject: Re: Differences
From: Jeremy Edwards <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 12:19:53 +0100
Arlin Robins <arlin@slip.net> writes
>Jeremy,
>
>       What's required to retrofit a scuttle roll bar in an older +4?

Firstly, finding one, I am UK resident, so getting bits for my car is
easy. Melvyn Rutter has scuttle roll bars listed but the applications
are not stated explicitly- as he has a presence here on the net a direct
enquiry may be in order. It's HALMOG'98 over this weekend so I'd guess
he is very, very busy.

Mine, for a 1972 4/4 2str, came from Rutherfords Engineering and was put
on with the car undergoing a full rebuild, which made it all very easy.

For an assembled car I can imagine it being a bit of a trial. The bar
bolts into the chassis rails on either side, so the trim will need to be
taken back and any brake or fuel lines will need to be removed/protected
for drilling. For the Rutherford bar and I guess for most of the others
the doors are bolted through to the bar, so the doors will have to come
off and the hinges and woodwork will need to be slightly modified. The
dash will also have to be removed to get the top of the hoop in.

All in all I can imagine it would take quite a time to install and then
reinstate the car.

--
Jeremy Edwards
1972 Morgan 4/4