F2 Terrifys Goats

To: British-Cars-Pre-War@Autox.Team.Net, Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: F2 Terrifys Goats
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 20:20:12 EDT
As I continue to drive F376, a 36 F2 Morgan Three Wheeler, the list of things
to tend to gets a little longer, but that is necessary and part of the plan.
Three interesting subjects:

1.  I discovered that the F2, out of all my cars, absolutely terrifys a bunch
of goats along my driveway.  As I come around he corner off the tarmac, I can
see the goats fleeing in all directions.  It happens every time, and with no
other vehicle !!  If they ar laying down the get up and run.

2.  I'm real excited about the idea of driving the F2 in a  'spirited manner'.
Right now , because of the many fragile mechanical systems, I just sort of
baby it along, but when I put my foot down it responds quite nicely.  The
steering is very quick.  I now consider my 59 TR3 a sophisticated car,
compared to the Morgan !!   I'm making a list of repairs for the winter time.
So far: 1. R&R front motor mounting bolts, replace with the 8 bolt set up.
2.  R&R throw out bearing  3.  R&R front wheel bearings and maybe spindles.
Install electric fan and water pump.  Replace all tires and maybe get the
wheels rebuilt.  That ought to get me to where I can drive it up to Taos and
back (120 + Miles.)

3.  I'm working on a 'side by side '  drive with my neighbor who collects
Packard 12's.  He has 4 including a 37 dual cowl that would make a nice
contrast to the F2.  I think his engine weighs almost as much as the entire
F2.  I'm thinking of  writing a short article on the two, specs and driving
impressions.  Should be a lot of fun.

Yesterday two gigantic V8 powered Trikes ran me down for a chat.  They were
very interested, even though they only have one wheel in the front !!

Bob Paul