Re: Highest Speed So Far

To: MOGOWNER@aol.com, alevisen@gdhscats.org, Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Highest Speed So Far
From: "Lance K. Lipscomb" <lancekl@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 09:16:48 -0400
130 MPH in a Vette does not feel like 130MPH in a Morgan.  I have driven my
Morgan Plus 8 at over 130 (inidcated on speedometer), but it does require
brooklands screens.

Sensation of speed vs actual speed is a wonderful thing.  I had an MG
Midget in which I could scare myself to death without exceeding the speed
limit.  I used to run into a guy with another midget on the way to work
ocassionally and we would wind up drag racing from light to light.  Of
course usually in the middle of our drag races, Honda Civics and guys of
bicycles would pass us.

Lance Lipscomb
Mog South