Re: Highest Speed So Far- & the pavement

To: vandergraaft@aecl.ca, MOGOWNER@aol.com, alevisen@gdhscats.org,
Subject: Re: Highest Speed So Far- & the pavement
From: FPS3@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 23:17:10 EDT
I too have noticed the "speed VS pavement syndrome". However it may be related
to seating position too
Fastest I have ever felt is in a little racing hydroplane- about sixty three
MPH. Kneeling down, bent over with my eyes about a foot off the water- one
hand on the wheel & the other on the dead-man's throttle... maybe it was the
dead-man's throttle..
I have a dead-man's switch in my neon shop- scarry but not fast

On the other hand- the big silver birds of Delta at 35,000 feet seem to take
hours to get anywhere- maybe it's the seats & lack of legroom.

I had a couple of planes years ago & found the lack of speed sensation made
'em fairly boring..
Graduated to balloons & I gotta admit a 20mph high-wind landing- crouched in
the basket feels damn fast- maybe the lack of wheels?
Maybe it is the lack of control? Trike at 100 is like driving on ice. Feels
fast but too scared (or stupid) to notice at the time how it feels...

Watchen the kids flash past while doing 65 mph in a school zone feels fast
too...
125 with a cop behind you feels slow...

It's all too complicated...

fps111