Re: Gymkhana events

To: "David P. Crandall" <davidc@netwrk.org>, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Gymkhana events
From: Dave & Linda Freeman <dlfreeman@ipa.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 17:03:55 -0500
At 11:44 AM -0400 8/31/98, David P. Crandall wrote:
>We MassMoggers have responsibility for the gymkhana at the upcoming
>AutumnMog XX at Jiminy Peak in western Massachusetts and hope some of our
>Morgan colleagues have creative suggestions for events that challenge the
>skills, coordination, and good humour of Morgan drivers.  This will not be
>an autocross type event, may or may not be on grass, may or may not be
>level, mustn't take too long, and can't involve any deadly weapons [the
>notion of two cars running parallel in opposite directions, one with a
>dartboard and one with darts has been rejected by our adhoc safety
>committee; although stationary darts- guess this means the board - is still
>in the running].  We are neophytes at this sort of thing, so will benefit
>from any and all suggestions.  If anyone has drawings or diagrams to refer
>to, they can be faxed to me at 978-948-7836 or call 800-877-5400 [North
>America only, I'm afraid].  Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>David Crandall  66 4/4, 63 DHC, 66 Volvo 122S
>Rowley Massachusetts
One I have seen a couple of times is the blindfolded obstacle course. The
driver is blindfolded and the navigator must "talk" him through the course.
This can be hilarious. I remember one young lady who was directing the
driver to go this way, pointing in the proper direction.

Dave and Linda Freeman  <http://www.ipa.net/~dlfreeman>
Living the Good Life