Re: Series I Moss gearbox

To: "morgannz@manawatu.gen.nz" <morgannz@manawatu.gen.nz>,
Subject: Re: Series I Moss gearbox
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 98 19:52:10 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

Gary
Not necessarily so. The Dog collars on the mainshaft have  spring loaded
balls which also hold it in gear.  You should be able to feel these engage
if you move them with out the top on the box or with the tension springs
removed. If I remember correctly it takes a little more effort to move the
dogs than you can apply by hand .

Bob Nogueira

> Date: Saturday, 26-Sep-98 02:23 PM
>
> From: morgannz@manawatu.gen.nz \ Internet:    (morgannz@manawatu.gen.nz)
> To:   MORGANS                  \ Internet:    (morgans@autox.team.net)
>
> Subject: Series I Moss gearbox
>
> Can anyone provide the instructions for adjusting the tension of the three
> springs at the top front of the gearbox. Car currently has to be held in
> gear and I believe that adjusting this tension will overcome the problem.
Am