Re: Bonnet Prop

To: benh@hwcces.demon.co.uk (Ben Hodgkiss), morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Bonnet Prop
From: Jane McDaid <Murphys@ziplink.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 21:07:15 -0400
My bonnet props are simple 5/16" dia. wood dowels with plastic tips that
are stored loose in the toolbox. I fastened a pair of plastic fairleads of
appropriate size from a boat supply store on each end of the toolbox. The
dowels drop down through the fairleads and rest on the scuttle and the
plastic tips protect the paint on the underside of the bonnet. The plastic
tips came from a hardware store where they are sold as thread protectors
for exposed studs during shipping or shelving.

Jerry Murphy
'67 +4