Re: Bonnet Prop

To: Dave & Linda Freeman <dlfreeman@ipa.net>, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Bonnet Prop
From: Jane McDaid <Murphys@ziplink.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 21:49:17 -0400
At 08:33 PM 10/6/98 -0500, you wrote:

>How do you keep the bonnet halfs from blowing around in the wind.?

I don't open them in the wind. In all seriousness, if it were that windy,
I'd try to position the car so the bonnet wouldn't blow over. The
propsticks leave a little room before vertical, so it would take a bit of a
puff to blow them over.

My engine bay is not detailed, so I'm not likely to leave it open for all
to see! Except, of course, to show off my beautifully engineered, under the
bonnet, dual K&N airfilter setup on my stock SU's. (An FPS3 solution)

I do have a set of Webers on Triumphtune manifolds sitting in the garage in
a box, patiently awaiting the day when I'm ready to cut the bonnet. I could
be a long while.

Jerry