Re: Seat belts for Plus 8

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Seat belts for Plus 8
From: "David E. Labovitz" <del@pscc.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 18:17:25 -0500
I am truly inspired by the outpouring of recommendations in response to my
"seat belt" query.

I had neglected to mention that my Plus 8 is right-hand drive and was
originally delivered in New Zealand.  It doesn't appear to have stock
attachment points, though this is not really a problem.

I have tentatively decided to install competition lapbelts, though there is
certainly merit to the argument for 3-point belts despite the possibility
of rollover.  I can't bring myself to install a roll bar, as suggested by
some, as it would probably lead to even more aggressive driving.

Interestingly, everyone seems to assume that seat belts, if installed, will
actually be used.  Since this isn't the case in most other vehicles I
drive, I doubt it will be in the Morgan (I don't think I ever used the old
seat belts except at an autocross), at least for the driver's side.
However, the passenger side is a different question.

Thanks to everyone.

Dave.
David E. Labovitz       Potomac Scheduling      (del@pscc.com)
                        (202) 298-7202  FAX (202) 298-8765