Re: Folding screen mirror.

To: Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Folding screen mirror.
From: Jane & Elton Wright <delicate@rev.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 20:39:52 -0500
Greetings all,

I have seen and used a cowl mounted mirror similar to MGA type.  Other BMC
cars used similar mirrors, but I can't be specific.  The MGA repro from
your friendly supplier looks good once you paint the gold back.

Cheers,

Elton

At 11:15 AM 1/6/99 EST, you wrote:
>MGB's used a sliding mirror on a "spoke" also... might just adapt one. Might
>try that myself...
>
>For an outside mirror, I mount a fender mirror through the slot in the
folding
>windscreen bracket. Problem is that it must be moved before the windscreen is
>folded, then re-attached. It looks so good there and is in just the right
>place for use- that I put up with the hassel.... Got the idea from Michael
>Mulroney.
>
>A nice wing nut or maybe a old sidescreen nut would really look good holding
>the mirror- and make it less of a hassel to detach/attach... another idea
that
>I think I might explore..
>
>Fred Sisson

Elton & Jane Wright             voice: 540-389-6573
Salem, VA, USA                  email: delicate@rev.net
1967 Morgan Plus Four Tourer    1954 Morris Minor