Re: installing windscreen frame and hood

To: "David" <pdburket@intrepid.net>
Subject: Re: installing windscreen frame and hood
From: "Greg Solow" <Gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 10:02:11 -0800
The glass should absolutely be in the frame when the frame is mounted on to
the car and when the holes are located and drilled.  The rubber seal under
the windshield frame should also be in place.  What we do is make a pattern
off of the old body with a  large piece of butcher paper and transfer the
hole locations that way.  Then make the body and try the windshield in that
location before you drill any holes.  If the side curtain mounts are on the
doors that may give additional reference but on a new body with hung doors I
don't believe that they are.
                                                                    Regards,
Greg Solow