break anti reaction bar

To: Willie Lamb <lambroving@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: break anti reaction bar
From: Tony Oliver <TonyOliver@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 10:40:02 -0500
Hi Wille
Most racers seem to use anti reaction bars nowadays.
I was having a good look about at Bentley
Drivers, Silverstoneand virtually all had them from
the top of the suspension pillar diagonally back to
the chassis. I spoke to several folk on the subject
and have decided to incorporate this into our rebuild.
Some have also put a bar across the chassis,under
the engine to stiffen things up even more.
There seems to be two schools of thought,
1) stiffen everything up and have soft suspension.
2) leave everything be and harden up the suspension.
When we were competing (yes, Mary did too)
we used the latter. Now that everything is a lot stiffer anyway with rear
suspension hoop, scuttle roll bar and safety roll bar and intend just road
use
we are trying the alternative. It might also depend on
your driving style and whether you prefer oversteer or
understeer !

Tony
+8
Durham,UK