RE: King of the Kustomizers

To: "'ARoman4047@aol.com'" <ARoman4047@aol.com>, Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: King of the Kustomizers
From: "Willburn, Gerry" <Gerry.Willburn@trw.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 08:13:18 -0800
Tony,

A couple of years ago George appeared in one of the funniest ads on
television.  It was for one of the economy ($200) mass painters (One-Day, I
believe).

They had a series of ads at the time.  The format of which was to have a car
painted and then ask people off the street what they thought the paint job
had cost.  The answers usually varied between $500 to $1500.

In this particular ad (which might have been the last of the series) They
had George, Junior and Bill Decarr (probably the three most expensive
painters in California) standing next to a Datsun 240Z.

Bill says "Ten Grand" Junior says "At least 25" and George says "I'd sure
like to hire the gun man."  They never did identify them (you had to know)
and the only hint was a corner of George's Gold 308 (With gold plated trim)
in the background.

Gerry