Re: Fw: Poor quality reproduction parts

To: arlin@arlinart.com
Subject: Re: Fw: Poor quality reproduction parts
From: FPS3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:22:10 EST
Yes you can replace the zerks with standard American types with no problem. Or
you can buy a tip for your grease gun that works. I have one that just clips
in the std tip & has a nylon tip that you just push aginst the zerk. It is the
right tip for many U-joints too.

Also many of the small guns come with the nylon tip. Ten bucks buys you one
with three tubes of grease. You can buy good grease tubes too. I carry one in
the Mog. They work fine and don't lock onto the zerk- a problem now and then
if you are really forcing the grease in- high pressure. I have that problem
now & then but only on the suspension of the Suburban.

Tripple C has some original Tecalemit brass grease guns for $45.00 that are
made for the fitting. Kinda messy to load but would be a nice piece to own.

Fred Sisson