Re: Morgan movies/restrictions

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Morgan movies/restrictions
From: "Kit Hildreth" <krisbox@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 09:44:56 PST
Vern Johnson wrote,

"keeping Up
>>Appearances" (which airs on many PBS stations), features "The Major"
as a supporting character.  "The Maj-ah" is an insufferably upper-class,
hard-drinking, woman-chasing lecher; so of course he drives a Morgan.
The good >>part is that he traps the lead character, Hyacinth Bucket
(pronounced "Bouquet"), in the car out in the country and tries making
out with her.
Since he's about 6'2" and she weighs a good 14 stone this makes for
>>interesting comedy.  If there's one thing you thought you couldn't do
in a Morgan, this would have to be it.......
>> Lannis
>For a Morgan owner I sense a distinct lack of adventure. I remember
being told in my youth that certain acts were not possible in a
Volkswagen - that myth was soon dispelled. As for a Morgan, well with
due respect for my partner, and deference to common deceny, all I can
say is, "You'll never know if you don't try! So, don't die wondering!"
If you possess both the libido and agility of a rattlesnake and decamp
to the passengers's seat (the optional leather ones of a Plus 8,
preferably), the joyful act can be brought to a satisfactory conclusion
as my ex-wife and I proved on a most memorable occasion: but we made
sure to not leave the garage so as not to tempt the "wonderful" English
weather!
Keep on Moggin'
Kit Hildreth
'77 RHD Plus 8