Re: Guage rebuild

To: Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Guage rebuild
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 10:01:31 -0500
At 09:48 AM 2/28/99 -0500, farley wrote:

>I have just removed the instruments from my '62 4/4. Now I need a place to
>send them for repair and/or reconditioning. I have sent the speedometer to
>Nisonger at least twice in the past and it had failed within weeks of
>getting it back. The triple gauge has never been repaired or reconditioned.
>It needs the ammeter replaced the gas gauge reconditioned and the whole
>instrument re conditioned. I have heard that there is a company in
>California who does this work. Anyone got a name? Anyone got any other names
>or suggestions?

Farley,

I'm supprised that you had problems with Nisonger.  So far you are the only
one that I've heard that has had problems with them.  Did you call then and
complain?  Did they try to make it right.

Anyway, to answer your question - from the Morgan Web page - Parts Sources:

     Motor Mart (MoMa's)              Rework Smith guages
     10853 Magnolia Blvd
     North Hollywood, Ca
        (818) 980-8642

I'm pretty sure this is the Co. that you are looking for.  I've heard nothing
but GOOD about this co.

Let us know how it goes.

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V