Took A Spin

Subject: Took A Spin
From: "Arlo J. Levisen" <alevisen@gdhscats.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 17:34:19 +0300
DFLer's:

My wife and took the Morgan out for a spin of about 50 miles yesterday
with the temp in the upper 20's.  During the earlier winter months I had
the exhaust headers jet-coated for both longevity and "looks" purposes
and we certainly noticed, yesterday, that it has also made quite a bit
of difference in the cockpit.  If we wanted to feel any significant
warmth at all we had to stay down around 50 mph.  At 70 mph it was
marginal and at 90 mph - forget it.

It should be much nicer in the summer, however.

I also purchased a set of side wind deflectors.  Upon installation we
discovered that the door-mounted mirrors, the side curtains and the side
wind deflectors are incompatible.  Basically, with the deflectors in
place we can't open the doors if the side curtains are in place.  As
well, the wind deflectors have to be set at a certain angle so the
mirrors can get by.

Such is life in Morgandom!

Later,

Arlo Levisen