Hand painting your Morgan with a brush.

To: <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hand painting your Morgan with a brush.
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 22:08:37 -0500
Bob Wrote:
"Someone posted that all early Morgans were painted with a brush.  Is this
the
case ?  The comment was 'it looks different',  yes I'd say.  I guess I'd be
willing to try the brush route, since I'm anxious to get a more period paint
job on the old girl.  Anyone tried the brush route as opposed to spraying ?
What were the results?"

Hi Bob,
This wasn't really that uncommon back in the day. Rolls Royce amongst many
coach builders hand painted cars by brush. You should understand though that
we are not talking slapping on a coat or two and walking away....these guys
were artists, they would put coat after coat after coat, allowing each to
dry thoroughly before sanding back applying another coat, on and on until
they got a glass like finish. Those guys didn't have the equipment to spray
back then, if they did, I'm sure they would have used it!

Regards,

Jeff