Re: +4 bell housings

To: nogera@prodigy.net, Murphys@ziplink.net, Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: +4 bell housings
From: CHarris990@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 12:45:18 EST
In a message dated 2/23/99 11:52:10 PM Central Standard Time,
nogera@prodigy.net writes:

<< - [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

 > Date: Monday, 22-Feb-99 08:03 PM
 >
 > From: Jane McDaid              \ Internet:    (murphys@ziplink.net)

 > Subject: Re: +4 bell housings
 >
 > Bob,
 >
 > SIX generators!?
 >
 > I can understand the muff coupling and the water pump, but how could you
 have
 > six generators go bad so close together? You've got to expand on this for
 the
 > entertainment of the group.
 >
 > Jerry Murphy
 >-------- REPLY, End of original message --------
    I burned up one and  Bill Boyles consumed  5 on the trip.  He had just
 bought his Plus 4 Plus and it had a very high amp cooling fan mounted in
 front of the radiator. After this trip I researched generators  and found
 the need  for more amps The solution was the alternator conversion.  ( We
 also found that many of the generators we bought along the way were very
 poorly rebuilt ).
 What was funny was that the year prior to Morro Bay we all drove to Luray VA
 ,  on our first long trip. We took two support vehicles . One was abandoned
 in Nashville because no one wanted to ride in it preferring the Morgans and
 the only break down was the other support car , a VW which blew the engine .

 Bob Nogueira

Jerry,
Bob naturaly knew that I would have to say something about the water pump,
etc.  The year we made the Virginia run, Matilda was rushed through
restoration and was literaly started up and off we went.  There had been no
shakedown on any of the cars and the only problems encountered were making a
new gasket for Boyles plus 4 plus's fuel tank and Matilda's bumper falling
off.  We had a year to plan the Moro Bay run.  We held tech sessions to make
sure everything was checked out on the cars.  We had intended to stop at the
end of the first day in western New Mexico.  Alas Matilda's water pump went
out in Snider (the site of the last Buffalo hunt in which a white buffalo was
killed). More later..off to work
Harris