Re: Shrinking Dolly

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shrinking Dolly
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 14:24:40 -0500
At 12:14 PM 3/6/99 -0600, Bob Nogueira wrote:

>Can someone tell me if the technique for using a Shrinking Hammer ( and
>Dolly ) are the same as a regular hammer and dolly. Do you use a
>shrinking hammer  only with a shrinking dolly? Anything  special I should
>know before I start pounding  this poor panel to mush ?

Bob,

  I thought you knew all this stuff!!! :)

  I believe it is basically the same.  However, I seem to remember reading
somewhere about the technique.  Unfortunately, I don't remember what I
read.  Start in the middle and work to the outside, or vise versa.

Here are some of the metal working sites I've found, they may be of more
help to you than I can be:

Metal Web News
   tbr.state.tn.us/~wgray/index.html
   aviator.cwis.siu.edu/john/metalsites.html    -  John's Metalworking Sites
   plains.uwyo.edu/~metal/                              -  Metalworking
FAQ/Compendium
   w3.uwyo.edu/~metal                                   -  Metalworking FAQ
   www.mindspring.com/~wgray1/
   rec.crafts.metalworking                              -  Metalworking news
group

Hope this helps.

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V