RE: Tools

To: "Morgan Mail List" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tools
From: "Gary" <garc@iinet.net.au>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 21:10:16 +0800
{part snipped}

> Jon, you don't mention what year Morgan you want to maintain.  I have an
> older one and that is one of the best things about it.  You don't need a
> lot of special tools (although you may find an odd "wentworth" fastener
> here and there).  A good set of (inches) box wrenches, adjustable spanner
> and screwdrivers will be a good start.  A grease gun is a must. Feeler
[part snipped]
> George Gerth
> Santa Barbara, CA
> 1963 Morgan +4

The nut and bolt size system is Whitworth not Wentworth (unless there is
another one I dont know of). Its often abbreviated just as a W on spanners
eg. 5/16W.  I don't know when this died out but it essential for cars up to
the mid 1960s.

The only other essential item for a Morgan is a towel!  If not for drying
you out, then for keeping water out.

Cheers

Gary Arcus
Perth Western Australia