Radial tires. . .

To: "Greg Solow" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radial tires. . .
From: "Fred Schuchard" <fschuch@jaguarsystems.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 19:52:19 -0500
Hi Greg,

I fitted a set of five 155x15 Michelin X tube-type radials to my DHC. These
are available from Coker at approximately $120 each plus another $20 or so
for each Michelin radial tube. The improvement in ride and handling was
drastic to say the least!

The only problem I encountered might only hold true for DHC's - that is the
spare rode "low" in the tire well putting a strain on the vertical support
strap which receives the "T" bolt (which in turn secures the spare wheel).
The fix was accomplished by slitting four pieces of black PVC pipe
lengthwise and snapping two of them, one over the other, on each
longitudinal tire support located ahead of the rear bumper. This effectively
"lifted" the tire within the well so that it was centered within the
opening. The PVC pipe is completely invisible to all but the most curious
"Morganophile"!

All the best,

Fred Schuchard
63 Plus 4 DHC #5202