Re: What Tires?

To: <SDviewpnt@aol.com>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What Tires?
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 15:23:24 -0800
 Morgan 16  inch wheels are not very strong, so you don't want tires that
give to much grip or the wheels will be prone to failure.  Avon used to make
16 inch radials, so did Perils and Michelin. I don't know if any of these
are still available.  We have used "Firestone" tires made in New Zeeland.
They work well, are very predictable in their handling, and are reasonably
inexpensive.  The size we used is 5.25 X 16.  5.50s are to big!  There are
also Dunlops available in the proper size, although at what I consider to be
an outrageous price.  Try  Corker Tire,  see what they have.  They advertise
in Hemmings.

Regards, Greg Solow