Re: Bench seats, Air box, Electric fan

To: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>, <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bench seats, Air box, Electric fan
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 00:12:06 -0800
Morgan offered an optional air filter with a tapered duct that bolted onto
the carburetors and carried an air filter at the large end close to the
firewall.  The portion of the duct that bolted onto the front carb was so
narrow to avoid rubbing on the inside of the bonnet that it severely
restricted the flow of air into the front carb.  Installation of the air
filter assembly and duct resulted in a noticeable reduction in performance.
For that reason, I am rather sure, it was never fitted to very many cars. We
normally recommend installing a SS type scoop on the bonnet to make room for
more normal, less restrictive air filters if they are necessary because of
air born dirt and sand in the environment in which the car is operated.
                                                            Regards, Greg
Solow