no more bedside readers at this time

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: no more bedside readers at this time
From: FPS3@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 00:10:21 EDT
Hey guys

I have only three copies of The Bedside Reader left. I have no idea if anyone
has a "check in the mail", or not, but probably so.

It is up in the air as to when or if, I'll get more copies printed. I have a
busy summer.

The book, like the car, is very labor intensive to produce. All the drawings
are (obviously) hand draw & pasted in. I had it printed at a local PIP and it
is pretty expensive to have printed- I don't print thousands at a a time. It
is a small market and it takes me quite some time to recoup my money.

With the postal regulations, it is a pain to send overseas as I have to make
a trip to the postoffice each time so I kinda let that market dwindle. Melvyn
Rutter has offered to sell it in England but shipping a case of books, plus
duty, etc has us at a standstill at this time.

I'll probably will revise it slightly and have a few more printed one of
these days. Or I may get a bug & advertise it & try to get serious about
selling a bigger quantity. Ed Geiger sent me a note about advertising in the
Rough Rider, but I never have advertised, figuring that if someone buys a
copy- they have probably seen a copy & really want it.- no one can bitch
about my claims for the book-. plus advertising costs $$.
I have thought making an add using testimonials- that way I am not
responsible for any claims. I have sent copies to 17 countries, so word does
get around.

Anyhoo... if you don't have a copy- borrow one for the time being. If you
have one, hang on to it, maybe old copies will appreciate like Moggie.

Fred Sisson