Re: Grease fittings

To: Ernest(Chip) Brown <ebrown@ms.com>, TrmpetDave@aol.com
Subject: Re: Grease fittings
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 12:12:01 EDT
RE: my inability to get grease into my kingpin;  No, I've had the zerk
fitting out and it's clear; I can pump grease right through it.  The
consensus seems to be that the small lube hole that allows grease into the
joint is blocked.  I've got one of those JC Whitney unblocking widgets, but
I've had no more luck with it over the years than I've had with my EZ-outs.
(By the way, has ANYONE ever removed a seized bolt or stud with an EZ-out?
By the time a part is so seized that a regular carbon steel shaft twists off,
how is a hardened shaft 1/2 that diameter going to be able to carry enough
torque to get it?  I know that the heat of drilling and the strain relief
from removing the metal helps, but to help at all, you have to drill
everything out but the threads anyway.  I'm going to throw mine away
tonight!!)

The bottom line is that I probably need to take my kingpin and bushing apart
and find out how they're made so I can understand the problem.  Are we really
sure that there's no spring compressor made that will hold down a Morgan main
front spring??

                                        Lannis