Re: Universal truths found under a Morgan

To: ldmcjr@zebra.net, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Universal truths found under a Morgan
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 18:18:33 EDT
In a message dated 4/25/99 17:06:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ldmcjr@zebra.net writes:

<< Everyone knows or has personal experience with a used car
 that is just a complete screwup... Why does anyone mess up a completely
 simple thing on a car? Wouldn't it be a lot more logical to just replace a
 connection or part than to go to all the trouble to put some horror story
 into the car that's illogical? >>

Maybe some of you mature (experienced, classic, vintage) Morgan owners can
say - Were Morgans ever considered cheap beaters at some point like, say,
MGT-models or Jag XK-120s were in the '60s?  I know that unnumbered '57
Chevies were smashed up in figure-8 and demolition derby races, and at some
point most British sport cars were traded back and forth as half-running
wrecks for $100 or so, and were treated the same way as, say, a '77 Dodge
Aspen with a cracked block and ratty interior would be today.  Did that ever
happen to Morgans, or must we blame truly inexplicable and Philistine LBC
enthusiasts for the crime scenes that we view under our bonnets and behind
our dashes today?

                                                        Lannis