Re: Universal truths found under a Morgan

To: LSelz@aol.com, ldmcjr@zebra.net, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Universal truths found under a Morgan
From: ARoman4047@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 19:30:00 EDT
Sirs -
        Don't know about Morgans, but back in the early 70's, I was a
freshman in
college and owned five MGA's by the end of the year. Not that I was a
collector
or anything remotely connected...the B's were out and plentiful, making the
A's
cheap (once even free), enough to make sense to buy a complete car for a few
parts to keep the runner on the road. Peter Egan and I had similar
experiences-
he had a TR 3, though - trying to maintain a sports car on a bicycle budget
was
his phrase, if I remember correctly.
        Frank Stucker (in Staten Island), had a foreign car junkyard that was
filled
with cars that today would probably fetch hundreds of thousands even in the
con-
dition they were in then. Quite a few of his wrecks were driven to the gates
and
handed over just to get rid of them. Most of the local yards around me
(Northern
NJ), wouldn't even take foreign cars...
        In a similar vein, my first VW bus was given to me, full of other VW
parts,
both new and used...Have you priced a "split window" bus today?
        Here's a frightening thought...When this plethora of mega-tonnage
SUV's gets
old enough to be really cheap used cars, who's gonna buy them? Hope its some-
one with enough bucks left to at least keep the brakes working...
Tony in NJ