Rear Springs

To: Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Springs
From: jpavone@vanstar.com
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 06:56:58 -0700
 I seem to have a problem with the rear springs on my LHD 59 4/4.  The
right side of the chassis sits about 3/16" higher than the left in the
rear. Firmly pushing down on the left  rear of the car will yield about 1
inch of give and pushing on the right almost none. Disconnecting both rear
shocks makes no difference. Both the chassis and rear springs were replaced
recently and have about 1000 miles on them. Both springs have been well
lubed and the rear axle is square with the frame. Riding around with my 100
lb Yellow Lab in the passenger seat has not softend the right spring at
all.  It almost seems like the left spring has 5 leafs and the right has 6
(they both have 5) . Any suggestions, other than getting a bigger dog,
would be appreciated.

Regards,

John

59 4/4