Front Suspension.

To: <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front Suspension.
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 17:20:23 -0400
Hi gang,
I was wondering if the front of my 58 Plus 4 should move  when I bounce up
and down on the bumper? It doesn't much. I was wondering if this is the norm
or what I may have to do to get some bounce. What sort of movement should I
expect from the front end with 190lbs bouncing up and down?
Also, as I was cleaning up my engine bay, I happened to notice that the
engine number is also stamped on the bottom of my tool box. As well as on
both halves of the bonnet - are others like that?
Lastly, a quick tip. As I clean up all the bodges the previous owner made, I
actually came across one that I liked!
You know the newer flasher relays today no longer have the little tab on the
top to attach it to the bulk head - well I had to buy a new one today, and
upon removing the old one which was genuine Lucas (or so I thought) I
discovered that the PO had cut the top off the original one (because it had
a tab on it) and slotted the new 'tab-less' one into it. It made a great
holder, and once aged looked just like the original part.

Regards,

Jeff