Re: For Those Who've Read the C&D Article...

To: nogera@prodigy.net, mcrossan@netcom.ca, Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: For Those Who've Read the C&D Article...
From: ARoman4047@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 05:47:24 EDT
Am I missing something...What is the point of a thoroughly modern drive
train, sus-
pension, and chassis under a (very) modified Morgan body? Just to "be" at the
races
for photo-ops? Certainly not to make any attempts at winning; the physics
just aren't
there- A drag coefficient of .60...my VW bus is .42. Anybody got a spare 959?
I'll put
up my bus body and we can go slalom racing...A Modified Barn Class.
     As for the new body...can you say TR-7?
     Is this a new class...Vintage-Looking-Racers? And will the support
vehicles be
new Chrysler mini vans with "Air-Flow" styling?
     If the new Morgan goes into production, will Fiber Fab bring out a kit
to turn any
VW, Fiero, Escort, Civic, Whatever into a "Thirties-style Roadster" using
leftover
old Morgans as molds?(moulds?)
     I just don't get it- But then I also have problems with anything that
costs $80,000
and doesn't have at least two bedrooms. Just a thought...anybody have the
stats on
how many $50,000+ cars are bought as to just being leased? Including
"pre-owned"
as opposed to "used".
    Since this is all legislation-related...Anybody hear/know about the
California regs
that may outlaw boneyard recyclers...In effect putting a time/cost limit on a
car's
life span?
Tony in NJ