Re: Chassis

To: Ed Herman <edherman@concentric.net>, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chassis
From: Linda & Nelson Warner <nrwarner@pop.snet.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 07:33:05 -0400
At 14:22 -0400 5/13/99, Ed Herman wrote:
>My '58 DHC has one door sprung.  Obviously a bent chassis.  Should I
>live with it?  Or, is it fixable.     Thanks for any help.
>Ed.

Ed,
My chassis has cracked in two places in the 38 years that I've owned my Mog.
The first place was forward of the door opening, almost where the fire wall
starts.  The second was under the rear axle. Both cracks were on the
drivers side. The first was fixed while the body was on the chassis, the
second was during the rebuild. Both were "fish plated", a 10 gauge steel
plate was  welded on to the chassis. With MIG welding, proper caution and
cooling the work can be done with the body on the chassis.  Remember that
the fuel line passes through the body, on the sill board.
Nelson

The road goes on forever...