Re: CAR & DRIVER

To: CHarris990@aol.com
Subject: Re: CAR & DRIVER
From: "William G. Lamb, III" <lambroving@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 07:46:46 -0400
Harris,

 You may interpret it as you see fit. The statement I made is one of
fact. Morgans do not come here unless they comply. The Morgan
Motor Company is not a museum, but an extremely unique firm
building cars for  enthusiasts while attempting to stay alive in a
difficult regulatory environment. You appear to have a romantic
view of Morgans rooted in the past, which is one of the problems
I have with reading this "List". I would not personally care to drive
an older Morgan on a regular basis, but I like them and I enjoy
the company of those who keep them alive. All Morgans are
good. That is the message.

 I cannot remove my bumpers unless I care to admire the gaping
holes in front wings and rear deck which would remain. Would
YOU enjoy holes in YOUR wings? I doubt it. And given the
March, 1998 Agreement I describe, which is fact and not a matter
of dispute, I personally believe it remarkably cynical and arrogant
for Mr. Fink to allow cars to be photographed with a bumper system
which could open MMC up to all kinds of product liability suits, all
this due to the FACT that his old bumper mounts were the ones
crash-tested at MIRA.

 Given the facts you read, the views I expressed are mine. I am
not at liberty to give you Charles Morgan's view of his U.S. Agents,
I assure you, you would find it interesting, but you would need
to ask him yourself.

 I share your views of the American automotive press but for
different reasons. It is my perception that, frequently, reviews
of various marques are tainted by the proportion and net worth
of the advertising revenue.

Willie