Re: Brake Cylinder Repair

To: "Werner Pels" <wpels@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: Brake Cylinder Repair
From: "Greg Solow" <Gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 16:19:30 -0700
The hard fit is due to the ends of the steel flairs having been squashed by
overtightening.  Girling calls for a tightning torque of 15 inch lbs. If you
carefully file the od of the flair you should be able to get them to thread
into the cylinders easily with your fingers.  They should be able to be
screwed in all the way with your fingers only.  They don't need to be very
tight to not leak if the flairs are not deformed and the cylinders are not
damaged.

Regards, Greg Solow