Re: Crank handle/Rear lights/Parts list

To: <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crank handle/Rear lights/Parts list
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 18:01:51 -0400
Hi there,
A few things. Firstly, if anyone has a flat rad Morgan, with a triumph
engine in it - I may have a cranking handle for you. I picked it up this
past weekend at Carlisle. It was labeled Morgan but it is way too short for
my '58 Plus 4. I can only imagine it's for a flat rad car. Any way if you
are interested - e-mail me off line. I paid $20 for it.
Secondy, I have noticed in some photos of the pre 1960 cars that they have
two rear lights on each fender. One is the small flat glass round one, but
then there is another above it that seems to stand out from the fender and
is angled back. Does anyone know what that they are? I don't think they are
for indicators as the cars in the photos have no indicators on the front.
Lastly, I was thinking that we (as a collective) should put a little more
effort in to the 'substitute' parts list on the Morgan web page. I used to
often visit the one on the Jaguar page - and I can tell you it saved me a
fortune.  In case I am not making myself clear, this is when you tell other
listsers about parts that are, or almost are, identical to the original but
are for another application ie: rear lights on some mid sixties Morgans were
the same as Triumph Spitfire MK II. Or that the flasher relay on a '58
Morgan can be purchased from NAPA under part # 505, you get the idea. I
believe there are the begins of such a page on the Morganville site, I just
think we should all in put some more things to help it become really useful.

Many thanks,

Jeff