events

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: events
From: "Stuart J. Ross" <stuross@nac.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 22:20:27 -0400
I enjoy reading all of the comments on the list.
I also gain tech info, which is very useful. What seems to
be missing is news about events and club activities.
For example, last week the Philadelphia area group
(MOPS) held the 6th "Moggie Miglia" in eastern PA.
It was a great all day event with a rally, auto-cross,
regularity run, and some other events. it ended with a banquet and
awards presentation. We had about 30 Morgans and beautiful
spring weather. It was just the sort of social and driving event
that makes owning a Morgan a great pleasure. By the way,
thanks to Tony Sousa of MOPS, who did so much to make this
Moggie Miglia so good. But anyhow, I never see news or comments
about what Morgan clubs are doing. I belong to 2 Morgan clubs,
and several other car clubs (Jaguar, Rolls, Bentley, etc.) and I take
an active role in all of them. I go to shows, plan rallys and tours, put
articles in newsletters, and things along those lines. I am sure that
others of you out there in cyber-Morganland must do similar things.
Besides sharing tech tips and gripes, I'd like to learn what other clubs
do and exchange ideas so that we can have some similarity of events and
learn
some good ideas about what types of activities fellow Morgan drivers like to
do.
What works and what doesn't and why. I sent judging info to Steve Bauserman
in Texas to help him with a concours. How did that go? I helped run the 3/4
Group's
Autumn Mog in Mass. last fall. Got on Speedvision with the club so Morgans
got some TV exposure. These are the things that I'd like to hear about from
some
other clubs and enthusiasts. So....what about it, Morgan owners and club
members?