RE: +4 fuel line

To: "jfbjd" <jfbjd@swbell.net>,
Subject: RE: +4 fuel line
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 08:03:16 -0400
Hi John,
On my '58 Plus 4, the fuel line comes from the top of the tank and heads
through a small notch in the back board, right about the level of the top of
the wheel arch, it then cuts over the top of the arch to the side panel, it
continues following the curve of the wheel arch, on the outside (interior
side) of the 4x2 that holds the hardware for the back rest cross member,
then continuing down runs in a notch that's cut out of the next piece of
wood it hits and continues to the sill. There it turns, runs along the sill
until it reaches the metal of the scuttle, it then begins to rise, goes
through the firewall, running on the inside of the inner fender and turns
right to the fuel pump at the appropriate spot.
The quick story is that what the factory did on my car looks like crap. When
the time comes I will redo it in a more logical fashion. I would suggest you
run yours where you can keep it the neatest.

Regards,
Jeff