RE: +4 fuel line

To: "jfbjd" <jfbjd@swbell.net>,
Subject: RE: +4 fuel line
From: "Lee A. Blake" <leeblake@home.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 21:03:24 -0700
John,
I just finished rebuilding a '60 +4, 4 seater (well, almost...still needs
the rest of the interior), and can give some comments on the fuel line
path from the rear to the front.

The stock way was for the fuel line to run up over the wheel arch, along
the chassis and through the bulkhead to be connected to the fuel pump.

In Fred Sisson's book, he suggests that the line run along the outside
of the chassis.  I took his suggestion.  I built my fuel line from
stainless tubing and ran it out through the body and up along the
outside of the chassis (pretty much parallel to the brake line going
to the rear brakes.  It runs into the engine compartment through a
hole drilled in the chassis just in front of the hole for the brake
union.  I put a junction in the line about 2/3 back to make installation
easier (and to make it easy to maybe add an electric fuel pump sometime in
the future).  There is also a bit of flexible tubing with a cool looking
glass fuel filter in the line. (gives some flex between the line and the
engine.  The installation is clean, easier that running through the
interior and keeps the fuel line outside the car (and out from under
the interior coverings).

Lee Blake
'60 Plus 4
'78 MG Midget