Re: Bent Chassis cures; Screw Threads

To: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Bent Chassis cures; Screw Threads
From: Ben Palmer <palsy@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 20:04:36 -0400
Bob Nogueira wrote:
> Jeff
> I parked the car with the bottom of the spare tire under the door header
> of the garage.  I placed a 2X4 Stud (  What do Metric countries call a 2x4 ?
> ) ...
> Bob Nogueira
==> I call a "2x4 Stud" a "50x100 Ben" since decimeters are seldom used
and millimeter measurements can be quoted more exactly.  Surprisingly,
the best source I have found on metric unit conversions was the British
MOT report!  Let me know if anyone uses "5x10 Ben" and what the mean and
standard deviation of actual dimensions of retail "tubafores" are ?
    2x4 inches = 50.8 x 101.6 mm before finishing.
    Pi are round; Cake are square.
    How do I chase (clean up) threads on a (SAE) bolt that is buggered
and rusty so it will accept a wing nut?  Does anyone clean the threads
on their Morgan fasteners?

Ben Palmer
USA

> -------- REPLY, Original message follows --------