Re: Orange light on the dash

To: "Greg Solow" <Gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Orange light on the dash
From: Jon Callas <jon@callas.org>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 17:36:46 -0700
At 2:59 PM -0700 6/6/1999, Greg Solow said:

   There are two red lights on the dash of your car, one is the high beam
   warning and the other is for charging.  If the charge light is on,  the
   cause could be a faulty connection, a bad generator, or a bad or out of
   adjustment regulator.   There are specific tests and procedures to determine
   which is the problem.  These tests and the order in which they should be
   done are listed in the original Triumph TR-2, 3, and 4 manuals, (they all
   use the identical charging system arrangement). They are also listed in the
   Autobooks  Morgan workshop manual.
   It is normal for the charge light to flicker on and off or glow dimly when
   the car is idleing as the generator will not charge at speeds below around
   1000 engine rpm.

Thanks, Greg, this is what I think so. I don't think the lamp in question
has anything to do with brakes. It only comes on when the engine stumbles
(below 1000 rpm), and when I start normally. I figure it's got to be
something in the charging system, now just what? I suppose this is my
excuse to get that voltmeter I want.

        Pouring over the workshop manual,
        Jon