Re: Orange light on the dash

To: "Jon Callas" <jon@callas.org>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Orange light on the dash
From: "Greg Solow" <Gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 14:59:53 -0700
There are two red lights on the dash of your car, one is the high beam
warning and the other is for charging.  If the charge light is on,  the
cause could be a faulty connection, a bad generator, or a bad or out of
adjustment regulator.   There are specific tests and procedures to determine
which is the problem.  These tests and the order in which they should be
done are listed in the original Triumph TR-2, 3, and 4 manuals, (they all
use the identical charging system arrangement). They are also listed in the
Autobooks  Morgan workshop manual.
It is normal for the charge light to flicker on and off or glow dimly when
the car is idleing as the generator will not charge at speeds below around
1000 engine rpm.
                                                    Regards, Greg Solow