Re: '64 plus4

To: daswift@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: '64 plus4
From: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 22:27:38 -0600
Hey David,

The TR engine is correct and normal for your Plus 4 Four Seater,
certainly not "rare" except to the extent that all Mogs are rare. The
Strombergs are not normal but are you sure they are not SU carbs?

Based on your description of your car's "deplorable state," $20,000
would not be an unreasonable estimate to do an adequate restoration and
after the resto you would likely have a car worth about $20,000.

All Morgans are rare and desireable cars... Somebody, though not me,  is
looking for your car and will lovingly restore it. Do sell it.

Again, based on your description, I would guess the car is worth 5 or
6K. Maybe a bit more if it is 100% complete and assembled, considerably
less if any bits are missing. But don't take my guesstimate, get an
automotive appraiser to price it for you.

If you don't want to invest the money for an appraiser, auction the car
off through E-bay which allows you to put a reserve price on it.

Based on your description this car is worth less, not more, every day.

Do sell it.

Good luck.

--Colin Cobb, Las Cruces, NM, USA
'66 Plus 4 Four Seater, '65 Tiger, '67 Alpine