Re: engine type

To: Morgans@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: engine type
From: " LMG@GoMoG " <gomog@angelfire.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 12:41:55 -0400
---
LMG
GoMoG at
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/GoMoG/

In January of 1954, the "year of the interim models" (due to the then new
lighting regs), three body models of Plus 4's were used, low lamp, high lamp
and the present configuration. Supposedly, though not for certain, the last
high lamp model had chassis number 3135. I am curious as to what body
configuration you have.

Though the Vanguard engine was offered until 1958 as an option in England (3922
was its last chassis number), the TR2 engine was introduced in September of
1954 (first chassis number 2750) and the TR3 was introduced in March of 1956
(first chassis number 3421). (The carbs on a TR3 are the larger Twin SU H6's.)

As well, TS 1187 is a TR2 engine number. Ergo, you have a TR2.

LMG