Re: Road Trip

To: alevisen@gdhscats.org, Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Road Trip
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 20:50:03 EDT
In a message dated 6/18/99 19:27:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
alevisen@gdhscats.org writes:

<< It doesn't seem as though anyone drives anything
 interesting anymore and we have become extremely homogenized and
 somewhat colorless >>

Arlo, that's certainly true, and I'm glad you were able to charge forward
with the Morgan banner through the Midwest.   How is your +8 geared (ie what
RPMs is it turning at 80?)?

DFL'ers - Are the highways more homogenized and colorless than they were,
say, in the 50's or 60's?  Was there more variety then, or did it just seem
like it to us?  We used to love looking for fastback 49 Chevies, Volkswagens,
and suicide-door Lincolns.  I'm afraid my kids can't tell a Toyota from a
Saturn from a Lexus from a Honda, and neither can I.  They could care less
about modern cars; my 14-year-old is starting to get interested in the
non-running MG in my shop.......

                           Lannis