Plus 8 transmissions

To: Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Plus 8 transmissions
From: Stephen.Stierman@huntington.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 08:16:48 -0500

The 5 speed used in the Plus 8 is like the TR7/TR8 box and of course requires
the correct Rover bell housing to hook to the V-8.  You would also have to
modify the slave cylinder arrangement as space is a problem.  The early chassis
will not accept this gearbox/bell housing arrangement without extensive
modification to the toeboard crossmember either.  With this arrangement, I
believe you can move the engine back a couple of inches also.  It can be done,
but it is not for the faint of heart.
I have a couple of TR7 boxes as I have thought about this swap also.  However
the Moss box car is fairly rare and I have learned to enjoy it!

Regards,
S. Stierman
69 +8  R7082