Re: Plus 8 transmissions

To: muirsinc@mars.ark.com
Subject: Re: Plus 8 transmissions
From: Kit Hildreth <krisbox@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 10:11:57 PDT
There should be a minimum of trouble in doing a swap with the Rover 4 or 5
speed gearbox. The box will bolt right on, but there may be a problem with
the drive shaft. The Salisbury diff' for yours as I recall had had a 3.58:1
ratio whereas my '77 (the 1st year for the 5-speed Rover gearbox) comes with
a 3.31:1 ratio. You will have to check whether the output shafts at each end
will match. Otherwise you may have to have a custom drive shaft built. Good
Luck anyway.
Kit Hildreth
'77 Plus 8 RHD
R8272